All-On-4 Dental Implants
The concept of the All-On-4 dental implant procedure is the rehabilitation of a full set of teeth with the support of four to six implants.
Dental implant is a small titanium screw inserted into the jawbone.
When many teeth are missing or have had to be removed, the person may find themselves with numerous dental implants or with dentures. Dental implants can get to be expensive if many teeth are involved, and dentures can be uncomfortable to wear and time consuming to maintain.
The All-On-4 dental implant procedure is a way eliminating the need for dentures and reducing the number of dental implants.
All-On-4 (AO4) Dental Implant Procedure
All-On-4 dental implant is a special way of attaching a denture permanently to the jaw by means of four implants. This is done in a way that maximizes the support of the natural bone structure of the mouth. The procedure is sometimes referred to as creating a hybrid bridge or hybrid denture. The number of implants used to support the denture may change, but is still called an All-On-4.
During the All-On-4 procedure, we will place four or more dental implants.
Here’s how it works.
1. The patient is given anesthesia and sometimes sedation – depending on recommendation of the dentist and desires of the patient.
2. The mouth is prepared for the placement of the implants. This may involve removing any diseased or failing teeth and removing any necessary tissue from jaw and gums.
3. The dentist will now implant the tiny titanium screws into the jawbone. The exact placement will depend on your own bone structure and density. These implants are all that will be needed to anchor and support the denture.
4. The surgical site is sewn up.
5. You’ll be taken to a recovery room to relax and awaken from the anesthesia.
All-On-4 (AO4) Cost
The cost of the All-On-Four dental implant procedure differs depending on the needs of the patient.
All-On-4 (AO4) Results and Advantages
* Dental implants supported bridge helps to preserve the bone in the jaw. Contrary – removable denture accelerates bone loss.
* The cost of All-On-4 treatment is less than that of replacing each tooth with a separate implant.
* Implants are strong enough to withstand greater force and pressure than removable dentures. This allows you to eat a healthier and more varied diet.
* Since the dental restoration is supported by implants instead of gum tissue, it does not rub or create sore patches, or slip.
All medical and dental procedures come with some risks. However, generally speaking, patients who get All-On-4s are very satisfied with their new set of teeth.